BYOB at events for performers

nospoons

BYOB at events for performers

Post by nospoons » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:05 pm

Remember: we are a BYOB venue only. Please bring your own drink. (Performers don’t need to pay corkage)
just cut a pated this from the main web site, given that this is no longer the case would it be possible to remove this, is very missleading, and being shouted at from the kitchen about 40p is not right dignified for anyone concerned

regards
censorship with a cunt

swithun

Post by swithun » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:12 pm

Isn't that the case? Apart from when we are selling booze, it's BYOB and no corkage for performers. No?

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:15 pm

What are you talking about? It is still the case that performers don't pay corkage. If someone was charging you during the night of a performance, they were misinformed.

nospoons

Post by nospoons » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:41 pm

every time we've played theres always been discussions on how much corkage we pay, sometimes non, sometimes volunteer rate and sometimes the normall rate (same aslo goes when we've been doing stuff for the Cave). It would just be nice not to have to go through this and find yourself arguing weither you should pay an additional 40 p, or being shouted at across the room from some one in the kitchen about said 40p.

and then you find yourself leaving numerous post regarding 40p.

I wouldnt mind paying 40p, or even 80p (the week im paid), just would be good to have a bit of consistency
censorship with a cunt

swithun

Post by swithun » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:33 pm

I'm not even sure if the Forest is consistently inconsistent. And who charges 40p? For people who do pay, it is 60p (or 30p for volunteers) for beers.

chombee

Post by chombee » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:17 pm

I say we make a night manager book containing every single thing like this that people need to know and keep it in the kitchen. Get on it Alex!
I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...
Ha! I have a real laser absolutely positioned in my hand!

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:20 pm

yeah - performers don't need to pay. it's an honesty system though and sometimes you might know more than the hapless young vollie or someone might not know you are a performer. i reckon just introduce yourself early, say you are a performer, and so when the shit hits the fan later you won't be nagged (though a bit of a nag often happens anyway).

sorry it's been so confusing no spoons....

r