Joe Black - august

ravanwin

Joe Black - august

Post by ravanwin » Mon May 19, 2008 6:04 pm

ACTUALLY, I DO NOT know what to do with this. I will not be able to plan a burlesque show....
r

hello there!

my name is joe black, i played a cabaret-esque show with andrew gordon back in april, and i have just today come up with an idea for a new cabaret show, and kate recommended i emailed about a grant for travel expenses?
anyway yes yes, here is the idea
i would like to put on a cabaret show, complete with artists and burlesque dancers, to run for around 3 or 4 nights in a row, at the forest cafe, during the fringe festival.
the show would be called 'confessions of a waltzing cynic' which would be mainly darkly comedic tales, in which most of the characters met there untimely ends, and other such stories that have a general satirical view on the world.
music would be played on piano and accordion, with artists, and burlesque dancers chipping in where they can
i do not know of any artists from the edinburgh area, i was hoping you could perhaps forward a few people to take part?
but i do however know burlesque girls, who would perform traditional comedic burlesque between acts, and help myself with presenting the night.
i have yet to organise dates for this, but i just thought it would be in my best interest to pop you an email about the grant, and see if you would be interested in throwing some money our way for travel.
I live in Portsmouth, in the south of england, and can put forward my own money as well, but any extra help would be just grand!!!
id love to hear back from you!

if you werent around during our show in april, you can hear my music here:
http://www.myspace.com/misterjoeblack

and andrew, who would be playing support to the show, here:
http://www.myspace.com/andrewgordonmusic

thank you for your time!
Joe Black
x

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue May 20, 2008 10:24 am

These dudes were good.

I don't think it's appropriate for a grant, but it's possible that some travel funds could come from the events budget. What is the events budget for August??

Faith and Alex would be good names to send their way. Might be the encouragement they need to get their own stuff happening...

lucky

Post by lucky » Mon May 26, 2008 6:12 pm

I'll get all over it.

These people were ace.

We'll Kabaret you faces off.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

pockets

Post by pockets » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:20 pm

these guys rock!!!
PLAYBOY POCKETS!