Painting and Decorating: Action Day!

nix

Painting and Decorating: Action Day!

Post by nix » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:43 am

Dear Forest,

I am sure it has not slipped your attention that you chose to have the woodwork at the front of the building stripped and sanded.

It looks great! I salute you and Victor!

It is a massive project!

and there is loads more to do!

WE NEED HELP!

Aciton Days to get this done:
Wed. 23rd.
Thurs. 24th.
Fri. 25th.

All Day : 10 - 5.

please let me know what times you can do!
any help is appreciated... communicate with me as to when you can help, and I can help you help.

Great!
N.

stuart

Re: Painting and Decorating: Action Day!

Post by stuart » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:24 pm

As the only person still working on the project feel free to pm me with any questions on what still needs to be done.

We need people to:

1. Sand the door on the right down to the wood and remove the remaining paint from the front and sides so that it can be varnished.
2. Remove the remaining bits of paint form the arch above the door on the right.
3. Strip the last bits of paint off the left most window and around the doorway.
4. Sand the wood down around the green vertical stripes to finish it off.
5. And finally varnish.
(the window in front of the shop will be the final thing to do but it is imperative that all the rest is finished by about the second week of july)

Some of the to do list are very slow and difficult jobs, especially 3. But I am happy to crack on and get that done but if anyone is willing to even offer themselves for an hour and do a bit of something it would be greatly appreciated.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:12 pm

Sorry, not available any of those days, but just wanted to say it's looking really good so far, and thanks for persevering Stuart!

stuart

Post by stuart » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:20 pm

Thankyou Shannon. You can help out any day you like, any time (within opening hours) for as long as you like. Action days are a good idea too, but generally this time of year nobody tends to turn up (not even me). I'll probably be around over the next few days doing a bit here and there to get the job done, but feel free to just turn up and have a go, the stuff is in the bunker. Please don't strip the paint off the green stripes though, or the circles! :lol:

Once the last bit of paint stripping is finished, which is really the most arduous part, the rest of the job is much easier so if anyone wants to discuss possibly arranging a time for getting together and blitzing it then speak here.

nix

Post by nix » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:45 am

Thanks Stuart for your hard work and commitment to this mad project!
Thanks.

but it is not cool for folk to
feel free to just turn up and have a go
We have to be certain that they are happy and safe and that they have an idea about what they are up to.

If anyone wants to volunteer for this task at any time I look forward to hearing from them!

Be positive, we will have this done soon!

N.

stuart

Post by stuart » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:04 pm

Yeah sure I realise that, sorry. I just need some help!

I was going to do some today but I decided against it as it is so windy and I didn't really fancy getting a faceful of paint/paint stripper and dust for 5 hours, and I'd hazard a guess that passers-by wouldn't appreciate this either. (that's my excuse anyway) Hopefully the weather will be more clement tomorrow.