Forest Community Action WG meeting, Sunday 9th March 2008

Working group and other such Forest meeting minutes
milk

Forest Community Action WG meeting, Sunday 9th March 2008

Post by milk » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:10 pm

Forest Community Action WG meeting, Sunday 9th March 2008, 8-9pm, downstairs office (action room out of action)

= In attendance =

Tim, Pet, Ras Babi, Fudge, Robyn, Tomla, Zi, Morgan.

Apologies from Alex.

= Agenda ==

* Ras gave an overview of this Community Action WG.
* French workshop - Morgan would like to run one, has five or six people interested already.
* Drumming workshop - Zi would like to run this on Sunday afternoons, plus would like to run an event on Africa Day, 25th of May, anniversary of the foundation of Organisation of African Unity. Suggestion from Fudge* for drum making workshop for either selling or playing. What is required for a grant for this? Zi will speak to Gary.
** http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa_Day
** http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_calendar#Eras
* Film production workshop - Pet/Tim/Pockets, interested in teaching film production techniques. Can use the new computers in the action room. Milk to look into open source video editing/production software.
* Sorting out the garden- Meet with Blue at next meeting.
* Possible Livingston Forest outreach? Zi.

Meetings are the second sunday of every month, 7pm
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:02 pm

for video editing on linux there is kino which is simllar to windoze movie maker , and blender which i think is the best . there is also cinerella , but it promsied more then it can deliver .

kino i would think is the best place to start .

only 2 of the comps have firewire for video tranferre not sure what ones that is .

graeme

Post by graeme » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:32 pm

Crossed wires on my part tonight. I was in the Action room at 7pm but thinking I was the only one there had left and gone home by the time the meeting started in the old office at 8pm.

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:47 am

we never changed this meeting to 8pm. it should have started at 7 in action room where it is booked.,

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:28 pm

kino
avi demux (good for conventions to other file formats)
blender , which is also 3d animation program this is its main function , but also does video editing , ive used it and its hot. the interface is unusual.

these are all installed on oak , this is comp next to the photocopier.

ras

Post by ras » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:00 pm

I changed this meeting to 8pm, what do you mean, it should have started at 7 in action room where it is booked?
I was at Forest from 16:00, and the hall and all around were busy because the hall was booked for theatre talk to James....
ras babi

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:38 pm

I sent apologies, but they were with Graeme!

The meeting time was changed to 7pm, but I think there have been some crossed wires. On all the posters that say 'new meeting times!' the Action wg still says 4pm. I don't know where 8pm came from.

Is 7pm still fine, or is 8pm to be the regular thing?

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:56 pm

yes this is my mistake on the posters i forgot to update it . but it will be done