Behind the scenes working group meet, TOMORROW (Thurs) 8.30

Working group and other such Forest meeting minutes
chombee

Behind the scenes working group meet, TOMORROW (Thurs) 8.30

Post by chombee » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:15 am

Add your agenda points here. Mine:

The monthly £100 grant. We have had a number of exciting applications: blind cider date, Voices of the Wilderness, Bosnian folk music. Ryan, did you receive a CD from two clowns? If so that is another £100 application, and also a guy called JM told me he was gonna give you his portfolio for the £100 this month.

The quarterly £300 grant is due, I believe. Applications: Namaste Edinburgh and What They Could Do They Did.
I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...
Ha! I have a real laser absolutely positioned in my hand!

chombee

Post by chombee » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:57 pm

I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...

chombee

Post by chombee » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:28 pm

Behind the scenes working group minutes, 19 Jun 2008.

I want to apologise about the faciliation for this meeting. I was sort-of-not-officially facilitating, basically it wasn't really facilitated, but it needed to be because when we all just have a conversation and talk at once the European volunteers can't keep up. This meeting was boring as hell for them because half of the time they didn't know what was going on. We need to agree on a facilitator and people need to not be doing their own tasks and having their own conversations during the meeting. We need to move through the agenda one point at a time with each point introduced clearly so we know what we are speaking about at each moment, we need to put up hands and speak one at a time so we can be understood, and we need to use hand signals for agreement etc. This'll make it much easier to understand for all of us but especially those who aren't native English speakers.

Also, I think let us not all read the grant applications after the meeting has started, especially not when there are 7 applications, cause that took about 40 minutes. People can read applications before the meeting on the bb, and the bottom-liner for the group (me right now) will be sure to read them all and can verbally summarise them and any comments made on the bb at the meeting. This is what has been done before, it seemed to work.

Attendance

Sean, James, Milk, Bryony, Beev, Marian, Neria (sp? I know I have horribly mis-spelled this, sorry)

Agenda

£100 monthly grant.

£300 quarterly grant.

Website.

£100 Grant

We had 4 applications.

Behar, Bosnian folk music tour. Seemed like the best application all-round, the grant goes to this one. They might want more than £100, in which case maybe they can have a little from Cafe & Events too. We don't know about the events budget.

Dai's blind-cider date. Half of us thought it was an innovation, what the forest is about, half of us thought "no". It's a shame this came along in a month where there was so much competition. No grant, sorry.

Voices of the Wilderness zine for the Saving Iceland campaign. We reckon they can print their zine for cheaper than they think if they print it with us, and also that we can give them the hall (for free?) for their jumble-sale to help raise money. But no grant.

Short film about building accomodation for street childen in Peru. We thought that the grant was not about the volunteer project in Peru but rather for making a film about it, so it seemed less crucial. Although the film itself is a project, ofcourse. Also forest is planning to buy a video camera, perhaps we can lend it to onesp, if he has insurance. (Sounds like it will never come back -- Sean.)

A fifth application to make a music video for White Heath was slid under the door during the meeting. Since it had obviously been written at the last second, we decided to ask them to come back next month with a better application.

£300 Grant

We had 2 applications. What They Could Do They Did we know are great, and they have done great things for the forest before. Namaste we are not so sure about. The grant goes to WTCDTD.

Website

Milk reports that the backend is basically done, but the frontend is not. (i.e. the website works properly but it doesn't look good.) Milk is trying to round up some web designers to make it look good. A web team meeting is being planned for some time in the next few weeks, a poster will be made up to advertise the meeting.

Marian and Neria can help with this! It seems they have the skills. They will keep in touch with Milk and look out for the web team meeting.