Artist Facilities Working Group meeting 9th September 2010

Working group and other such Forest meeting minutes
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
User avatar
gaia
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:04 pm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Artist Facilities Working Group meeting 9th September 2010

Postby gaia » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:03 am

Present to the meeting: Nix (facilitator), Jessy, Alasdair, Julie, and apologies from Mike.

Studios: Nix promised the artists that studios would be up by 4/9 but they'll be cleared by tomorrow instead (Any help appreciated). Lots of stuff to be moved in the hall or somewhere (not the Action room). Nix will endeavour to have the studios cleared because studio n°1 (magda) and 3 (sara) are required for urgent use. N° 2 (Jamima), 4 (Nix) and 5 (Carmen) will be up for rent soon. Nix has a waiting list of 3 people which will be contacted soon. The price increase that was decided but not implemented is going to affect them.

Sound team: Jessy - we are missing mics. We have 5 out of 9 - Noe's using one. Nix - proposal: a&f wg to try and buy 2 new ones (45£ each). Ideally we need 9 mics.
Mysterious humming sound from the PA. AP for Jessy to get rid of dust in the amps by next month. 1 tweeter is busted - AP: ask Owen to look at it. Proposal: replace monitors. Might get new ones for free.

Cave: both marshall guitar amps might be broken from before the festival. AP for Jessy: speak to Owen. We have a new black curtain to dampen the sound thanks to amazing vollies. Drum kits: the festival has mashed the drums. Tom Drum is going to fix them next week. AP for Nix to make sure he does.

Screenprinting: NA

Forest Publishing: NA

Darkroom: will hopefully be ventilated and open from tuesday. Just waiting for the fan. More to follow. Brittonie+Lara cleaned it all and set it up. Brittonie will start doing workshops in it soon.

Tools/workshop: ok state. Work has been done on it recently. Will be sorted by the end of next week.

Pianos: baby grand piano in the hall needs legs fixed nicely. Could be tuned and repaired by the man who fixed the one in the foyer for 50£. We might then hire it to people for 10£/h and use it for jazz/classical music nights and it will pay for itself. Piano in the cave: we should get rid of it, it's not economic to repair.

Stephen
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:00 pm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Artist Facilities Working Group meeting 9th September 20

Postby Stephen » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:50 am

About making the rooms pay some rent.
This works for cave currently but how to make the darkroom and silkscreen make some rental costs. this is important and doable at minimal costs to users.
Silkscreen needs sorting out to become a viable space and is probably close to this, i will try to make this happen as soon as possible and start figuring out a way to do inductions and charge for usage, materials/space time etc.
Also within this is forest records, if any one is interested in working towards grants we have a deadline of the beginning of October to apply for a possible 6k, would really appreciate help. Please pm by Monday if you want to lend a hand and all interested can sit down and start looking at these grants together.
Thanks

User avatar
chris
Posts: 2638
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:50 am
Location: heartland
Contact:

Re: Artist Facilities Working Group meeting 9th September 20

Postby chris » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:05 am

i suggest we get rid of the baby grand piano as well. It will never hold its tuning in a room where the temperature changes so wildly. normally at forest pianos just go out of tune and get trashed, i dont see how this would be any different?

User avatar
neil
Posts: 944
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:50 pm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Artist Facilities Working Group meeting 9th September 20

Postby neil » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:45 am

Yo Stevie, I'm up for helping with grants if poss....

User avatar
nix
Posts: 1231
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:49 am
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Artist Facilities Working Group meeting 9th September 20

Postby nix » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:18 am


brittonie
Posts: 424
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:03 pm
Location: the clouds
Contact:

Re: Artist Facilities Working Group meeting 9th September 20

Postby brittonie » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:19 am

Excellent!

If anyone comes across any screens for free please dropp them off in the workroom/darkroom with a note- would be rad! we're hoping to get the drying racks installed this weekend.

L& i can be there on tue for the meeting. I've got some lecture at 130 that day but i don't think it will run long, i may be later, or cut out early- but L will deff. be at forest on time.

xxx
wet, dirty and dangerous.

brittonie
Posts: 424
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:03 pm
Location: the clouds
Contact:

Re: Artist Facilities Working Group meeting 9th September 20

Postby brittonie » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:24 am

PS

L & i have some experience with screen printing and other printmaking type things, if you need any help with that Steven holler at us- even if it is just for cleaning and organizing.
wet, dirty and dangerous.


[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Minutes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests