Ntzu's Music Video -

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
nix

Ntzu's Music Video -

Post by nix » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:39 pm

Hello People!

Do you know who I mean when I say "Ntzu"?

He was a Friend of the Forest for a long time and an avid participant in many crazy music events bringing much love and joy to many folks...

The Forest gave a £100 grant to help with the making of a Documentary about him, currently at the 'rough-cut- stage, and provisionally titled - "Tomorrow I'll Eat My Music"

Here ia a short music video for his classic song :Gods Creation:
so watch the video and enjoy the music!

please respond and leave comments/criticisms!

also see http://www.ntzu.com to contact him! drop him a line! he will love you for it!

thanks.

beev

Post by beev » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:28 am

Cool, Nix!

I remember when Ntzu wrote that tune.

Unfortunately I can't get the vid to play properly. It plays, but is all juddery, even if you let the whole file load first...

Incidentally, we could really use a wee summary of why you guys applied for the grant and how it has helped with the project. No heavyness, we just need to start putting this info together as part of our mission to get help in taking forest to the next level. We want as many reports as we can get from people who have received grants in the past.

Would you be able to write a few words and send them to me? Would be much appreciated!

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:07 am

coll nix, thanks. and yes, please write a little something for us. I totally forgot about that grant.
r

nix

Thanks Guys!

Post by nix » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:43 am

Cheers dudes...

thanks for clicking! if it won't play on http://www.ntzu.com .. the biggest version on the web...

Try viewing it here:
poxy youtube stylee

I will write that thing about the grant this afternoon and post it!

Much love to all... and remember.. we are all Africans!

N.

beev

Post by beev » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:05 pm

Regarding Ntzu: I have an electric guitar & amp I'd like to give him, but I don't how to get it to him in Ghana. If anyone is traveling out there sometime, maybe they could act as some sort of mule...

nix

Post by nix » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:53 pm

===

To whom it may concern:

In April 2005 we received a £100 grant from The Forest to help fund our documentary video and music project, based around the life and music of Ntzu Kppong as he returned to Ghana to record music and live in his homeland.

Now, two years on, we reflect on why we are so grateful to the Forest Community for that little assistance. When we look at the overall costs of the project to date, the sum donated by The Forest, is a drop in the ocean, but at the time when it was given it was a fantastic help! We were having problems finding support for the project and were seriously struggling to keep motivated and positive.
The Forest Grant was just the lift we needed, proving that if you reach out with honesty and faith, people will support you. It was particularly encouraging to Ntzu, who was making a profound decision to move back to his homeland. The Forest's support has encouraged him to maintain links with his community in Edinburgh, and he has been inspired by The Forest to start co-operative projects in Ghana.

The Forest has supported my creative endeavours for a very long time now, and i am extremely thankful. Without this space and this Community, I wouldn't be the person I am today. The Forest gave me a supportive, loving outlet for my art, performance and music at exactly the times when I have needed it.

The Forest Community is not perfect, by any stretch of the imagination, but it continues to grow and evolve, and really should stand as an example that co-operation, collaboration, trust and faith are essential tools for building a better society. Even within its limited niche it has a great impact on many peoples lives, and its scope and power are increasing everyday.

Thanks again!

Nicholas Soldan
Peter Gerard
Ntzu Kpongg