Please submit forest videos for website

chombee

Please submit forest videos for website

Post by chombee » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:36 am

A Google Video search for "Forest Cafe" Edinburgh finds about 270 videos: videos of events, short documentaries about the forest, Ben Lancaster's christmas messages, etc etc. You can save a Google Alert so that you'll get an email whenever a new video hits those search results. I've posted a few to the blog and tagged them "videos" so that they all appear on the videos tag page.

It would be helpful if people could browse through those videos on the google search link above and could create google alerts for themselves to catch future videos and submit any good ones to the website. You could actually use http://forestcafe.tumblr.com/submit or you could just post them to this thread.

We can upload videos to tumblr as well, so if you have a video in your hands that is not on any of youtube, vimeo etc. get in touch with me.

Thanks!
I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...
Ha! I have a real laser absolutely positioned in my hand!

neil

Re: Please submit forest videos for website

Post by neil » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:20 pm

Sounds cool, although forest homepage loading time seems dramatically slower. Could it be all the videos slowing it down? Is it worth keeping it to just a couple on the homepage at a time?

chombee

Re: Please submit forest videos for website

Post by chombee » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:56 am

Could be. I also increased the number of posts per page from whatever it used to be to 15 (the maximum), that might have something to do with it. There's only 3 or 4 videos on the front page anyway. I'll try not to post too many. They can be queued up and one posted every week. I was thinking of doing the same thing with music files from forest records, featuring one track on the forest site every week.

P.S. I just found a video of the monster bike workshop in the google search results!
I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...
Ha! I have a real laser absolutely positioned in my hand!