job left unfinished...

Front of House, garden etc.
Shannon

job left unfinished...

Post by Shannon » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:54 am

There are a lot of things that didn't get finished after the cafe revamp. The pillar is a mess and there are handprints by one of the shutters. Tables still need to be cleaned up and prepped to be redone by artists and I believe Cyrielle was going to recover chairs.

Also, I think we still need new lampshades. The ones Emi made are nice but don't match the paint and I think they're too small for the space. I was at a squat in Amsterdam where they had amazing lampshades: empty paint tins, rubbish bins, laundry baskets, etc. Looked awesome. Something similar could look really good in the Forest.

So, where has the front of house team gone? Is a meeting needed or maybe another action day? Who's in?

Stairs are looking great without the carpet...

simone

Post by simone » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:07 pm

agreed shannon, i'd be happy to help out with some finishing touches especially as festival scarily close now. i have been meaning to finish cleaning stairs too, apologies. i should be around next week.
i have checked and there is no one else down to do a mural so emi and charlotte were asking to finish painting upstairs, which is cool if everyone else ok with that.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:49 pm

Yes, I think it's cool for Charlotte and Emi to get going upstairs. However, there isn't much of a budget for paint right now. Also, Deborah who is doing theatre stuff would like to have a bit of input as she is hoping that everything will tie together in some way. Also, the clowns are already on the walls and we should probably try and make sure that fits in.

I talked to Marian tonight and she is going to start redoing some table tops. She is also going to cover the hand prints, but there is still the pillar to do. Probably best done after close one night.

Anything else that needs done?? The red room is starting to feel grubby again but I don't really know what to do... It might be nice to get some good lighting in there (ie rope light hung in an interesting fashion) before the festival, but again, we're really short on money in the front of house budget.

neil

Post by neil » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:32 am

how about putting a call out on freecycle for paint?

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:22 am

Good idea. Dan says you can often ask at paint shops for remainders as well. But someone would have to go around and ask...

Newington Bandit

Post by Newington Bandit » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:14 pm

We've got some pots of paint at home that the previous owners left behind. We've no plans to repaint our home in the near future, and they take some valuab;le space in our cupboard, so if Forest wants them, you're very welcome to them..

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:16 pm

Definitely. They can go downstairs in the workshop if you want to drop them by.

Newington Bandit

Re: job left unfinished...

Post by Newington Bandit » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:28 pm

tins of paint now in workshop (big Ikea bag). Careful that some seem to be specifically for painting tiles, some other for wood/meatl and so on..