Re-painting/ renovating next weekend ( Sat/Su 2nd Feb ) ?

Front of House, garden etc.
danny

Re-painting/ renovating next weekend ( Sat/Su 2nd Feb ) ?

Post by danny » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:53 am

Nix and me thought this would be a good idea. We were thinking, toilets, floor, hall, stairs. We'd need to either lock the main cafe/stairwell door or shut up shop for the weekend though. Is this do-able?

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:02 am

No! We can't close for an entire weekend just to paint. Maybe a half-day building day, or a night thing, but closing for a whole weekend is crazy talk.

graeme

Post by graeme » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:09 pm

There is proposed building work on the toilets that would mess up any new paint. And the skip day/s will mean folk are moving stuff about the building, which again could mess up any new paint. Actually there is loads of work needing done in the building if folk have time on their hands and an inclination to do something.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:00 pm

But, the walls on the stairs and walls downstairs could be done after hours if need be.

nix

Post by nix » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:07 am

So this is how I see it working..

We do not need to close the cafe to paint stuff... with sensitivity and care walls like: corridor to cave/workshop, corridor to fire exit, stairs up to balconies, big white wall outside office window... can be done whilst cafe is open.

There will be building work in the toilets (soon)?

and doing the floor will need to close the cafe.. and a team of crazyfolk, Bill has the paint and knows how to handle it so I volunteer him to lead this expedition. this should be done after the wall painting and building.

the purpose of our walls is to have cool art on them and not random vandalism.

If we prepare the walls, and advertise for artists to come and paint, then our walls will have cool paintings on them.

I will go and buy quality white emulsion, in abundance. We need it (in my opinion)
I will also go and try to get re-cycled paint/second hand paint .. and finish off some of the old off-whites we have..

see these attached posters and give me feedback!

come prepared, dressed appropriately
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:33 am

Please promise me you will keep a close eye on the "art" Danny paints on the walls. He has an odd keeness to draw penises (peni?) all the time and write lude jokes about sexual organs. Quite frankly it scares me!! :D
It's like God's vagina!

lucky

Post by lucky » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:00 pm

Have you checked that the events are not likely to go on past 11pm? I know people have no right to stay on after if they don't ask Night Managers, but

In future, I think it's best to do these things not on the weekends. Then again, I don't have a typical working week, which is usually why these things are set at weekends.

I'll try and make it at some point. I'd like to repain the main counter in the kitchen.

If I can't make it, can someone try paint the little shelve in the stairwell? I've tried cleaning it, but the shit sticks hard there. I think it needs some anti-fungal stuff on it first then a re-painting.

I have a vision of a tiny cardboard city there. Mmmmmm.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:33 pm

If the kitchen counter is going to be repainted, it needs to be sanded first. Same with the black door in the cafe. Both have been painted numerous times, and come off in the same spots because of the types of paints used, or something someone explained to me once. That counter is mighty embarassing.

bill

Post by bill » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:47 am

more painting sounds good. i am not back until end of feb. nix before you buy paints its perhaps worth checking the light colours that we have in the paint shelves won't be suitable for background paint, just cos we gotta use it up.

this is exciting. although, like with the stuff on the walls their now i askyou not to be too precious. and also don't paint over anything good until you have something really good to paint over it.

x

bill

Post by bill » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:48 am

oh and yes any gloss painted surface will need to be sanded before it is painted/recoated

x

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:41 pm

hi

ive found the magnolia paint used for upstairs it was on balconies , its b and q value emulsion . Ive tested it on the wall and its the same stuff . we should keep this stuff for painting over any vandalism that occurs upstairs .

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:14 pm

dates changed to thurs. 7th, sat 9th and sun 10th of feb

nix

Post by nix » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:18 pm

here is the poster:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ras

Post by ras » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:59 am

change is healthy, let us trust the artists and see what they can do...
ras babi