coffee

swithun

coffee

Post by swithun » Wed May 28, 2008 10:25 am

To celebrate the new price for ground coffee, here is a poster to go on the display fridge.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chombee

Post by chombee » Wed May 28, 2008 11:45 am

Nice Swithun. I went to a film showing/talk from the Scottish Zapatista Solidarity Campaign at the weekend. Did you know that this Scottish group is twinned with a Zapa autonomous municipality in Mexico? They have direct communication with them, send representatives to visit them, and raise money for them by doing stalls selling coffee and merchandise and stuff. They actually raised the £13,000 that was needed to build an autonomous health clinic. They literally had children dying because they couldn't get them all the way through the jungle to the hospital in the city/the state hospital won't treat dying zapatista children, and now they have their own health clinic. I think some children are still dying because the health clinic still needs to get bigger and better, but still.

Supporting the zapatista's is something revolutionary we can do with actual measurable results. I think it's amazing that a social revolution in a poor country has a global network of solidarity groups that raise awareness and send them needed money and support.

So, selling Zapatista coffee is still amazing and we should make more noise about it.
I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...
Ha! I have a real laser absolutely positioned in my hand!

swithun

Post by swithun » Wed May 28, 2008 11:55 am

Ah. One of these guys was in on Saturday. He wanted to liberate some of his stock from the shop to sell at the thing you were at. Except the shop door couldn't be opened! I offered him some of our coffee, but he didn't need any.

bill

Re: coffee

Post by bill » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:56 am

can anyone please explain why we aren't buying zapatista coffee anymore. for me its is a pretty awesome thing that we do.lets keep doing it.