vandalism in the gallery

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
mirja

vandalism in the gallery

Post by mirja » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:34 pm

Ok, its a really fine line between 'joke' and 'vandalism' sometimes... As I spent 8 sweaty hours yesterday hanging the current EAF show ( to be opened today) only to find it all elaborately mangled this morning, i can't right now see the joke. Anybody saw or knows this jokster, please let him/her know that they are welcomed to spend another 8 hours with me rehanging the show. And that this show, like most of the stuff other people spent a long time making, and that does not specifically say so, is NOT 'interactive.'

nix

Re: vandalism in the gallery

Post by nix » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:36 pm

shit.
so sorry to hear this.
I am in tonight from 7. if I can help you, let me know.

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:45 pm

caught the guys. bouncers ejected them. sadly, it was too late. dicks. sorry. sorry. sorry.

chris

Post by chris » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:19 pm

maybe we should knock up some doors?or roller shutters??
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

simone

Post by simone » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:46 pm

sorry to hear that mirja.

there were two blinds on the doors, if they need replacing i got them from the bargain stores on south clerk st. they were about £11 each.

the blinds need to be closed on busy nights , esp weekend nights at about 8pm during the festival. if night managers are busy then anyone can shut them if they see it is busy in cafe . thanks
I saw two shooting stars last night, i wished on them, but they were only satellites.
is it wrong to wish on space hardware?
(Billy Bragg)

nix

Post by nix » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:55 am

have done a bodge repair on the bargain shutters.

we should iget some nice, solid, quality wooden ones.

yes.

mirja

Post by mirja » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:58 am

thats great, we could really use them!
thanks for the help in rehanging,
this time around at least i got some pics of the piece i can send to the artist.
i have a feeling tho this particular piece in the gallery will prove to be not 'entirely compatible' with the festival audience...so i think from now on its no more rehanging, but just observing and documenting...
art as an 'encounter'... will be more interesting.

The solid wooden shutters, if we can get them, would be really useful in many ways, as they would not only be our best 'insurance' forest style , but also make the space usable in more varied ways...events, meetings, performances, projections etc.

cornelia

Post by cornelia » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:58 am

Hey I got this mail sent to the forest info mail:

No idea who I'm talking to here so I'll keep this brief. Could you ask the woman who was installing the new exhibition on Saturday night to drop me an email? Believe she's called Meria, but that's my spelling since it's not a name I'm familiar with. If you've found the right person she'll certainly know who I am.

Came past again this afternoon, and saw what had happened to the installation. Will do my best to help with photos asap. In the meantime, though I've got no idea whether they'll use it or not, I've sent a couple of images to The Scotsman since I know their arts correspondent (and bumped into him just outside Forest as I was on my way home, funnily enough).

Regards

Gary

his mail is: Removed, as this is a public forum, have messaged it to you, mirja.
tack och hej leverpastej

stephengoodall

Post by stephengoodall » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:19 pm

shitebags! also forwarded the smae email onto mirja from tk yahoo account- so hopefully she managed to get in touch with gary.
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

mirja

Post by mirja » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:39 am

Thanks,
i got the guys mail and am emailing with him,
and, as we only work with smart folks,
szajner (the artist) thought it all interesting and tragically hilarious,
which of course it is

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:26 am

Hi

Unfortunately its happened again , I tried to intervene before to much damage was done but was too late . The gallery was closed at the time . Hopefully its salvageable .

martin
Heaven is a disaster

Lambchop , The Saturday option .

mirja

Post by mirja » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:49 pm

umh, saw it today... not too bad, could try to salvage, but its prone to get it again, so maybe its the way this exhibit hangs in this space, work in progress. The piece was supposed to have a soundtrack called 'Superficial music' that is for sale in snip and sip, but i think i will swap it for 'Some deaths take forever'.

I will come in if i can, and try to fix it, and if anyone else wants to disentangle, please, feel free.

neil

Post by neil » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:53 am

I did it. Took about an hour. One is torn, one has broken thread, two are missing.

mirja

Post by mirja » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:12 am

hooray!!!! Neil, youre a STAR!!! Epaulettes with 5 stripes for you!!! at least!!

I still have a couple of extra letters from the first mangling, i will replace the lost ones.
hopes are up, maybe this will be a very very slow death!

nix

Post by nix » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:51 am

Mirja,
I will try and get that Audio set up done today!
sorry, too busy.

n.