Film meeting tonight (12/12/06)

swithun

Film meeting tonight (12/12/06)

Post by swithun » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:58 am

Just trying out the new calendar feature.

Meeting tonight at 7pm.

We can discuss our suggestions for next year, popcorn, and broken equipment. Bah.

chris

Post by chris » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:29 pm

is it 7pm or 8pm?

in the heading it says 8pm, in the body it says 7pm... same for your other post.. is it a bug in the computers, or in your head!!!
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

swithun

Post by swithun » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:38 pm

It's 7pm. Where does it say 8pm? I can't see it anywhere.

chris

Post by chris » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:49 pm

my mistake, my profile was set to gmt+1...

i think this could easily happen to other people and not realise turn up at the wrong time.. so i think hand time entry into subject might be essential..

or maybe fixing bb time to gmt only?
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

swithun

Post by swithun » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:04 pm

Local time would be a good default. Right now it is GMT, but in the summer BST. There must be a way to do this.

Is this your way of living in the future, Chris? It is full of unforeseen complications, like when to go to meetings.

swithun

Post by swithun » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:02 am

Minutes of meeting
  • Dude?
  • WTF?
  • Where is everyone?
  • I'm off

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:37 pm

Only just seeing this.

Need rather more than eight hours notice I'm afraid. We're not all online so often.
I love the bomb.

chris

Post by chris » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:53 pm

if no one turns up you should have the meeting on your own. that is fine. (im not joking). it can still be very productive.

swithun

Post by swithun » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:15 pm

The date of the meeting was decided at the last one and there was a poster up for the last week.

But I suppose that if people don't come to meetings, then it means they don't feel there is much to discuss, and this is fairly true.

From the last 2 film nights, I can report that people seem reluctant to buy popcorn, but they do like being given it. A small machine that only cost about 20 pounds would be reasonable expenditure, even if it didn't generate any income, I think. It would take the skill out of it, which is good when you don't have one expert corn popper. The kernels themselves have almost no cost.

On Monday the equipment failed, so, after trying for almost an hour, I gave up on the film. Pogo came in yesterday and found 2 faults, which are now fixed/fixable. I don't know if this was in time for Ryan to show Tenacious D. One hopes not.

Do you have 5 suggestions, Duncan, or shall we start the weeding out now? How many do we want to end up with at the end?

Magda

Post by Magda » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:28 pm

Hey Swithun.

Apologies for not turning up yesterday. All I can say in my defense is that I have been slowly loosing my mind for the past 2 months.

I have asked Chris to sort out the projector, by the way, and he is on it. I presume that he will do it whenever he has the time.

I will be away from Friday morning until New Year's Eve, but will stay in touch on the bb.

Agree about the popcorn machine, although I am very suspicious towards fat-free popcorn.

swithun

Post by swithun » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:00 am

The holidays will be on us soon, and the it will be January and time for the new programme to start. Which films from the suggestions so far can we source quickly? You have a couple, Duncan, you said. Do we have enough to keep going until others are found?

Also, when shall we meet next? I suggest Tuesday 9th January, 7pm.