The Great Burrito Debate! Very important.

Should the legendary Forest Burritos be pre-made with or without cheese

With Cheese (sorry vegans, no burritos for you)
28%
Without Cheese (vegans can eat them, we'll put cheese on top for cheese lovers)
64%
Burritos are boring, get rid of them and let's talk tattie!
8%

Total votes: 36

ravanwin

The Great Burrito Debate! Very important.

Post by ravanwin » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:25 am

The Question:

Should the legendary Forest Burritos be pre-made with or without cheese INSIDE? (I.E. do we create a Vegan Burrito Option?)

NOTE: We are not talking about discontinuing the burrito or making them vegan only. We are only talking about giving a vegan option. However, we do not believe a system of seperate vegan / non-vegan burritos will work and believe firmly that we should either pre-make vegan burritos or NOT pre-make vegan burritos.

The Case For Cheese Only Burritos

1) Some people feel that having cheese inside the burritos tastes better because the cheese is mixed with the rice and beans in the most delicious manner.

2) The option to have cheese / no-cheese on the burrito will complicate the already complicated odering / food making process. Volunteers and Ryan are sure to accidentially add cheese to the tops of requested Vegan Burritos. This will slow down the already slow food making / delivery process and will add to confusion in the kitchen. This is the same reason we do not add cheese to vegieburgers or substitute hummus for sour cream.

3) There are many vegan options currently on the menu. The Cheesy Burrito is a bastion of Tradition. A tradition which has made this forest great and mighty. As goes the burrito, so goes the fortunes of the forest. (beware yee who seek to tamper with History!)

The Case For the Vegan (non-cheese) Burrito

1) Currently vegans are not able to enjoy a burrito as they are made containing cheese inside. A burrito made without cheese inside (but WITH cheese on top) would mean EVERY customer would be able to enjoy a burrito regardless of their prediliction towards cheese.

2) More people buying burritos could result in making more money.

3) It is good to have The Forest menu accessable to as many as possible.

4) Some say: The burrito is tasty with cheese on top or inside, and people are not going to stop ordering it because of this change.

NOTE: Currently, we add feta to the olives and seem to be able to deal with it - cheese/no-cheese on the burrito is, theoretically, no more complicated.

--
Last edited by ravanwin on Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucky

Post by lucky » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:55 pm

First of all, how the hell do we vote on this thing? I can't seem to find a button or whatever. Give me a button!!!

Right, I'm arguing for vegan burritos. I have oh so many reasons for this...

I have cut out dairy in the past week, but even before I made a point of making seperate vegan burritos. I always put up a sign advertising and they ALWAYS sold really well. They usually sold out, I'm sure. So, the demand is there.

The only valid reason I can see for keeping cheese inside is it tastes better. That's it. I feel justified likening it to saying we should have dairy and eggy cakes rather than vegan cakes. They taste better and the vegans can have an apple.

I *really* don't think customers in general will really give a hoot. The main reason for choosing a burrito, I think, is that it's big and bulky and filling. I've usually put only a little cheese inside burritos I make anyway, and have never had anyone feel strongly enough to come up and say, "my good man, there wadst not a pith of cheese beneath the floury surface of my burrrrrrrito." It would still remain a very filling and satisfying meal.

I think there is a very easy and logical solution we can find that's idiot proof so none of us would waste burritos. Maybe we could get that plastic cheese stuff they have for nachos in the cinema, stick it in the bain-marie and people could slop it on themselves, yum (*wiggling hands behind ears*) But, seriously, it's not a huge unavoidable thing.

I think it's dangerous to follow something just on the premise of tradition. We need to look at things as they are now, whilst having a sound awareness of the past. There's a lot of things in our society which happen due to tradition which aren't so good. House of Lords, that's all I'm saying.

The vegans do have a few options in the Forest. I don't think it's unfair to give this group another option.

Make the burritos vegan, pile shitloads of cheese on top if people want it and everyone will be fine with it.

That's my say.

Alex*

chris

Post by chris » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:54 pm

how do you vote?
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:14 pm

it should be working now...

use your vote wisely! :wink:
the more you think, the more you stink

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:42 am

When does the vote end?

swithun

Post by swithun » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:15 pm

It ends when the pro-cheese faction wins and the vegan appeasers are vanquished.

lucky

Post by lucky » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:51 pm

I say stop the vote midnight Friday.

Alex*

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:58 pm

I think we said a week at the meeting on Monday. If it's to be shorter than that, I think it's Ryan's call.

lucky

Post by lucky » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:18 pm

I agree. Ryan - it's your call. I don't think it needs to be dragged out much longer though?

Big gay love, Alex*

chris

Post by chris » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:50 pm

i object to this process, because it is not consensus.
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:24 pm

A consensus decision was made to put it to a poll.

mark

Post by mark » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:34 pm

you fuckers it will not let me vote!

if cheese goes, so will i. all my friends from before will vote too, for the cheese. the fact of your insistence on non-meat is annoying enough (why not a cool place with meat? you marginalise us meat eaters and make us feel not good enough, when actually we are good enough, better even, sometimes/often)

we try to vote but it does not let us. so the vote system is not working, so this cant be valid. therefoire you must do it all again with technology or a hand ballot that is fully functioning.
the pen is mightier than the word

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:04 pm

poll ends MONDAY.

chris is right: this is a pretty shitty consensus... PLEASE try to vote one way or another.

GO Silent Majority GO!
r

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:15 pm

ps: have there been many others besides Mark who couldn't vote? it worked fine for me.

mark

Post by mark » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:06 pm

it still wont let me vote.

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

sheeeeeese

cheeeeeeeeese

chseeseesesesesese

mark

Post by mark » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:07 pm

cheeese

mark

Post by mark » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:12 pm

cheeeeeeeeeese

let us vote!

mark

Post by mark » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:13 pm

chese

chris

Post by chris » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:16 pm

hey mark,

it wouldnt let me vote at firsxt either, then gareth changed it.. but maybe only for me?

hopefully he'll fix it for you too..

Chris

mark

Post by mark » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:17 pm

Fuck You.

I Want CHEEEEEESESESESESE

CHEESESESESE

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:36 pm

Yup, it is pretty shitty consensus, Ryan...but you were the one blocking the no cheese option, and you suggested a poll.

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:06 pm

it seems like something is a foot.

i mark a foot?

why won't the internet allow the peoples to vote? how many other cheese lovers have been profiled and deemed unaceptable to vote in this poll.

this reeks of dirty politics.
and who is best at this "dirty" politics I wonder.?
<cough>
This is the bush election all over again. If George W Bush were a burrito, he'd be a vegan.
(Think back and remember all of the vegan's with "I'd rather EAT bush than VOTE bush t-shirts durring the 00 election. The similarities are unmissible. Is Gareth your Karl Rove... what is going on?)

In all seriousness, Shannon, I wasn't whinging, I was just suggesting that the other 30 or 40 members of this bb should vote. As always, I stand firm behind the say of the people and, as always, I am overwhelmed by their indefference.
r

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:37 pm

Maybe we need a re-run.
Maybe certain people have made a mistake and voted vegan when they meant cheese...for example.
We could try again???

Personally I would like to see a buritto made purely of cheese...

thehemulen

Post by thehemulen » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:31 pm

vegan jihad!
"If something is boring after two minutes, try it for four. If still boring, then eight. Then sixteen. Then thirty-two. Eventually one discovers that it is not boring at all." --John Cage.

Dandolo

Post by Dandolo » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:18 am

impeach cheese. 19 so far: a fair sample.

Magda

Post by Magda » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:16 pm

Gaz: whaddaya mean "mistake"? You think people can't read?

You cheesefuckers put it to a vote and now you don't like how people have voted. That's the problem.

And Mark shouldn't be allowed to vote, because it's not fair of Palmer to use his psychotic alter ego to vote twice.

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:52 pm

it is very possible that people have been confused by the online voting system and that a vigerous re-count / re-vote with a paper ballot might be correct.

this is just like the situation in Florida in 2000 when BUSH stole the election from Gore. We've got to get in there and count the hanging chads. As far as i know, Mark is one of those chads.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:50 pm

You're the one who created the poll, Ryan. Did you bias it against yourself?

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:56 pm

no, but i think the technology is faulty.
i have heard that many dead people are voting, and many vegans from places like chicago and alaska are voting and they have never been here. i think we need an investigation.

the question itself seems un-biased to me.

thehemulen

Post by thehemulen » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:09 pm

i'm dissapointed the third option has so few votes. never been a burrito fan me and dont understand the cult that surrounds them. but i do think cheese on top is a good compromise even if it means more fuss for kms.
my beat is a forest. peace, drock
"If something is boring after two minutes, try it for four. If still boring, then eight. Then sixteen. Then thirty-two. Eventually one discovers that it is not boring at all." --John Cage.

Jane

Post by Jane » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:27 am

i think we should also get rid of the tabasco sauce inside because some people don't like spicy things so ooh! no jalepenos either oh and are those wraps wheat free? i think not...also the rice, i believe people are dying in myanmar for the rice, and sour cream does not suit the sour sour faces of the dairy free. what about the children? where will they get their protein?

since avocadoes are out of season we shall have to serve the once humble burrito as a plate of kidney beans dipped in salsa. it willbe the hoser no longer.

i have a fever.
fuck you dead alaskans.

ps: how much longer will we sit back and let the cows silence our mark?
pps: if we get rid of the burrito cheese, can we bring back meaty jarlsberg?
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:30 pm

Maybe this will change your minds...

Oooh cheese!

Dandolo

Re: The Great Burrito Debate! Very important.

Post by Dandolo » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:59 pm

haha song three is perfect:

http://www.myspace.com/rasg

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:41 am

And Mark shouldn't be allowed to vote, because it's not fair of Palmer to use his psychotic alter ego to vote twice.
is this true?
It's like God's vagina!

Dandolo

Post by Dandolo » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:46 am

i think it's okay, cause mark has a diet of pure hydrocarbon anyway

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:17 pm

you can still vote !

martin
Heaven is a disaster

Lambchop , The Saturday option .

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:14 pm

Burritos at the Forest are consistently amazing, filling, tasty and due to their nature you can mix it up a bit...want cheese? salsa? jalapenos? nice. please don't get rid of them, they are the future....and if they stay please do not get rid of Jalepenos, me likey very much and if they leave you will make a me cry.
It's like God's vagina!

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:59 pm

Gandhi wrote:Burritos at the Forest are consistently amazing, filling, tasty and due to their nature you can mix it up a bit...want cheese? salsa? jalapenos? nice. please don't get rid of them, they are the future....and if they stay please do not get rid of Jalepenos, me likey very much and if they leave you will make a me cry.
Burritos rock but they taste so much better with cheese inside. Cheese on top solidifies into one slimey lump that, combined with the salsa, just slides off the top of the burrito and is not as nice.

Whenever I make myself a burrito, I always unwrap it and put the cheese inside, where it should be.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:33 pm

moot point mike.

however - I've noticed vollies being REALLY STINGY with CHEESE TOPPING. KMs --- Burritos are to be lathered in the cheeses!

Got it.
R

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Thu May 13, 2010 5:07 pm