THE MELTING POT - Social innovation incubator

roselyne

THE MELTING POT - Social innovation incubator

Post by roselyne » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:22 pm

Hi every body,
As mentioned in the last FAT meeting, here is the information about the social innovation incubator of the Melting Pot.

http://siiaward.org/apply/

There is a public presentation of the Awardees of last year on the 25th of June. (see the invitation below). I think it would be a great idea if anyone from the Forest could come. I plan to go, but it would be more interesting if you took this opportunity to meet the Melting Pot team and could make your own opinion about the idea of applying to this Social innovation incubator for the next year. Dead line on the 30th of June. Let me know about it, I can be responsible of the application, but I will need a brainstorming meeting with a wider group of people to focus the application on the good points.

Best

------

Mail from the Melting Pot

We would like to invite you to a special afternoon event which highlights the next generation of social innovation in Scotland - the Social Innovation Incubator Award 2013-14 Graduation on 25th June, 3-5.30pm.

Our Awardees are flying out of the nest after 1 year and it's time for their graduation. Join us in an event to celebrate their progress and achievements and wish them well on the next steps of their journey to improving life here in Scotland.

This event is brought to you by The Melting Pot – Scotland’s Centre for Social Innovation.

We are delighted that our guest speaker will be Sue Bruce, Chief Executive of Edinburgh Council.

There is no cost to attend, but places are limited; please RSVP via Eventbrite by Monday 23rd June 2014.
Thank you and have a good weekend!
Programme

3.00 Arrivals

3.15 Welcome - why are we gathered here today?

3.20 Sue Bruce – on the importance of Social Innovation to communities and local authorities

3.35 Introduction by TMP about SIIA

3.40 Showcasing the next generation of social innovators: short review of and presentations from winners of SIIA 2013-14 plus handing out of certificates by Sue Bruce

4.10 Concluding remarks - voting and prize

4.15 Offering from Social Enterprise Scotland

4.20 Social Innovation Incubator Award 2014-15

4.30 Celebrating the journey ahead with the next generation of social innovators: refreshments, wine and nibbles over informal mingling an mixing

5.30 Close

roselyne

Re: THE MELTING POT - Social innovation incubator

Post by roselyne » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:49 am

Could someone tell me what are the two organisations (charity and business) of the Forest : form and year of registration ?
Best !
Roselyne