Working group and other such Forest meeting minutes
Lynne

Behind the Scenes - thursday 25th February

Post by Lynne » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:52 pm

Behind the scenes - Thursday 26th February

Present - Neil, Emma, Lynne

1. Staff Contract
2. Re-organisation of projects that BTS covers

1. Emma created a new staff contract and brought it in for the group to look at. Those present decided the contract was suitable for the Forest staff's needs and decided to adopt it. Emma will e-mail it to Lynne who will post it on the FWG forum.

2. Neil suggested that some of the projects that BTS covers could be removed as they are now dealt with by the admins, or don't exist anymore, i.e., the grants and the shop. The group agreed this was a good idea and have decided to removed the following from BTS remit:

Accounts
Monthly Grants
Quarterly Grants
Shop Merchandise

BTS will now look after:

Website
All I.T. issues
Volunteer Co-ordination

The group decided that BTS would be a suitable place to discuss all Volunteer Co-ordination and Induction issues. Lynne will communicate this to Hannah.

milk

Re: Behind the Scenes - thursday 25th February

Post by milk » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:23 pm

the shop exists online - it's just not maintained by anyone. maybe it would be worth advertising for someone to maintain it and deal with orders to get it going again?
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

Jane

Post by Jane » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:52 pm

Grants are no more for good? Can we discuss this? I really think the grants are an awesome thing.

x
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley

neil

Post by neil » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:14 pm

Good point about the shop. We're still up for having some action there if someone wants to do it. Likewise the grants. They could come back, but someone would need to take it on as a project. And we're struggling a bit money-wise, so maybe now isn't the time.

The activities that are getting completely dropped from the group's remit are the ones that have been taken over by the paid admins - accounts and tax and stuff like that. But with so little happening on the shop & grants front it leaves us with only website to officially deal with. We deal with IT stuff anyway, so that should be under our remit. And volunteering doesn't really get covered anywhere else so we should cover it here.

milk

Post by milk » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:42 pm

i understand that there has been a backlog of getting things ported over to the new accounting system. what might be the status of this? (i.e., how long until we can publically post our accounts, or at least a summary of things?). no pressure, just curious!
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

Lynne

Post by Lynne » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:49 pm

B.t.w., we didn't mean that any of the things we've dropped from BTS cannot be discussed there anymore!

Of course everything can always be discussed by everyone :wink:

Anyone who is interested can come to the office and look at the new contract for the paid staff.

Ta!