forest "Do the Loo" campain meeting 4/5/10

Working group and other such Forest meeting minutes
nix

forest "Do the Loo" campain meeting 4/5/10

Post by nix » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:20 pm

Present: Nix, Cornelia, Ken, Suzi, Will

Under the auspices of th Action Working Group, a semi-formal meeting was called to think of strategy and ideas on how to raise funds to build new toilets.

we chose the name "Do the Loo".

We talked about ideas for fundraising activities on a continual basis to compliment sporadic fundraiser events.

The PayPal we donations system we already have, how to promote it?
Re-Brand the donations bucket in the Cafe, regularly check it and promote it.
Get the Charity Newsletter done, organise a meeting/action session-AP - Nix
do a 'mail shot' to possibly sympathetic people and organisations. AP - Suzi

We talked about getting a column in the local Community Council Newsletter AP - Suzi but we thought it was Southside but on the Boundry Map we are just outside

We talked with Will about The Lieth Festival, he knows an important lady and try and get us a stall or something AP - Will

We talked about what is happening with the Meadows Festival? what is happening? AP - Nix

We talked about how great the Family Fate idea was and the Produce Competition and all that.

We talked about Raffles and Charity Auctions.

When is the next meeting? please fill out this Doodle Poll and we shall meet!!! thanks!

Lynne

Re: forest "Do the Loo" campain meeting 4/5/10

Post by Lynne » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:46 pm

I will be away during this time, but I fully support building new toilets!

Not because the council are telling us to, but to simply make our space nicer/better...

Will Golding

Post by Will Golding » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:01 pm

Hey guys,

I spoke to the lady today that I know from Leith. She is unfortunately not connected with the Leith festival and says she thinks all the slots for stalls and events will be booked already for it. HOwever she is trying to set-up a sort of Leith 'fringe' festival that is more run by local people and would like us to do something for that. She is having a meeting on Wednesday to discuss her proposal so as soon as I hear anymore I will let you all know,

Will

dan

Post by dan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:32 am

for leith fest speak to Mary Moriarity at the Port O Leith, she is very involved in it and could prob help squeeze in a stall i reckon...
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

Jane

Post by Jane » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:36 am

ohhh, mary! miss you dan. x
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley

Lynne

Post by Lynne » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:25 pm

Oh, I love Mary! She always used to look out for me when I was getting up to nonsense in the Port hahaha... such a long time ago...