• Ken
  • Keni
  • Margarida
  • Martin Mckenna
  • Simone
  • Stephen
  • Yas (facilitating)

Property Search
An update was given on the currnet search for new premises, including a summary of discussions with potential landlords. Discussions for one property are looking very helpful with more news likely within the next fortnight.

Billy has confirmed his availability. Margarida has volunteered to act as a temporary Kitchen Manager for August should a lease be signed in time. Discussions regarding the third post to continue.

The meeting discussed creating a team to take on the potential fit-out of any new premises. Names mentioned included Cornelia, Eric, Gordon, Jamie, Ken, Martin, Pogo and Stephen. Keni to post on the Public Forum calling for help with building and/or electrics (AP01).

August Action
Cornelia, Keni and Margarida volunteered to head up the August Team, along with any other willing volunteers. The August Team will contact the Sound Team – Alasdair, Dylan, Miguel, Sam and Shane – regarding availability during August (AP02). Approaches to potential performers to be made over the next fortnight in case a suitable space is found or other options materialise.

FAT Membership
The meeting discussed the current membership of the Forest Action Team and criteria for joining – people who are active, involved and responsible but don't nag about joining. Any meeting where decisions are made about somebody joining FAT would take place without the person's presence. The meeting confirmed that while FAT meetings mainly involved Members, non-members were able to attend by invite if they were able to contribute on a particular agenda point(s).

The meeting voted on the suggested new members of FAT – Eric, Gordon, Julie, Pogo and Pomme. All were agreed to.

• AP01 Keni to post on the Public Forum calling for help with building and/or electrics. DISCHARGED
  • AP02 August Team to contact the Sound Team re availability during August. DISCHARGED
Last edited by Keni on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes. (Oscar Wilde)

Cut the crap & make it happen.

Keni

Re: Forest Action Team Minutes

Post by Keni » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:48 am

Minutes for the Forest Action Team meeting, 23 July 2012

Agenda
  • Property Search
  • August Action
  • Grant Request
  • FECK
  • FAT Membership

PRESENT
  • Billy
  • Cornelia
  • Dai
  • Duncan
  • Gordon
  • Keni
  • Margarida
  • Mirja
  • Rachel
  • Ryan
  • Yas

APOLOGIES
  • Harry
  • Martin
  • Stephen

Property Search
An update was given on the current search for new premises, including a summary of discussions with potential landlords. This included an update on progress on insurance for the new premises, discussions with contractors and outcome of the Building Team's considerations.

August Action
The meeting agreed that during the Fringe it was best to act as if the Forest was a licensed premises and keep a tight rein on alcohol, especially regarding people trying to take bottles outside.

Approaches to potential performers to be made once any agreement is made with the potential landlords.

FECK
The Forest Employment Committee for the Kitchen (FECK) met on Sunday 22nd to discuss employing Kitchen Managers. Yasmin will give feedback of the FECK Meeting to the Menu/KM meeting on Thursday 26th.

FAT Membership
The meeting voted on the suggested new member of FAT – Ras. All agreed to this. Keni will arrange to have his BB privileges accordingly adjusted.
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes. (Oscar Wilde)

Cut the crap & make it happen.

stuart

Post by stuart » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:23 pm

Had me a stroll around sunny Tollcross today trying to find the new venue, to no avail. What is it a closely guarded secret where the new place is?

Don't worry I doubt very much that I will be darkening your new doors much seeing as I don't really go out much anymore, but I'm sure I'll be in sometime on one of my once in a while ventures into town. I see the old building is being re-occupied, nice to see the windows again. If you look at them from a distance you can't see the holes they drilled into the frames.

katymac

Post by katymac » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:30 pm

We're on the corner of Lauriston Place and Brougham street - windows are all covered in cleaning goop, but look for Victor's artwork on the pavement. Door is open, please come in if you don't mind getting dusty.

stuart

Post by stuart » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:18 pm

Ahhhh I was standing just there waiting for the lights to change looking across the city centre traffic hell that is tollcross looking for any other abandoned churches I might have missed! I crossed the road, and then crossed back and then back again, and I didn't see any pavement drawings, but then when do you ever look at your feet when you are walking unless you are walking across uneven terrain or where people walk their dogs?

Glad to hear you guys have a new place and look forward to popping my head round someday soon :-)