Another computer setup

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
chombee

Another computer setup

Post by chombee » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:05 pm

I got another computer, cherry, setup with Ubuntu in the action room. It only has 256MB RAM so it's pretty slow. We need to double the RAM on it. If anyone gets a chance can they search the room for a suitable RAM stick?

In the meantime things could be alleviated by installing lighter applications: Epiphany web browser instead of firefox, Abiword instead of OpenOffice.

Apart from that it's dandy, has Internet and printing. Printer should work but I didn't test it (actually it got a paper jam and I couldn't be bothered to fix it, it's late).

What are we doing to the machines post-install? All I did was turn on auto-login and setup the printer, nothing more.

After this we need to fix the one computer that already has Ubuntu installed but has a hardware problem, we need to construct one more computer out of the pile of hardware that's in here, and we need to sort the server out with big hard drives and file serving.
I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...
Ha! I have a real laser absolutely positioned in my hand!