closing parties

simone

closing parties

Post by simone » Sun May 23, 2010 12:02 pm

after our last meeting and talk of budgets i would like to propose that we make an effort to get the closing parties back on schedule.
i think they are important for meeting the artist, making new contacts, getting more people involved in the gallery/forest.
a lot of the time the artist can't afford to put on a closing party, this show is an example, and so i think it would be good if we could support them in getting some juice/ wine or waver the byob in the gallery for an hour or two. it is a shame to see the shows finish without ceremony and a proper chance to say thank you
what do you think?
this can still be done on a case by case basis so we are not just handing out money willy-nilly
I saw two shooting stars last night, i wished on them, but they were only satellites.
is it wrong to wish on space hardware?
(Billy Bragg)

chris

Re: closing parties

Post by chris » Sun May 23, 2010 6:25 pm

yeah, i think its important to celebrate the artists and their work and time. its fun too.
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

simone

Re: closing parties

Post by simone » Tue May 25, 2010 6:19 pm

so.....damian is having his closing party on saturday at 8pm
come along and meet the artist for the current show
hooray
I saw two shooting stars last night, i wished on them, but they were only satellites.
is it wrong to wish on space hardware?
(Billy Bragg)