DVD Player

chombee

DVD Player

Post by chombee » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:35 am

The Forest DVD player seems to be broken. When you put a DVD in again, it ejects it instead of playing it. Problem with the eject mechanism, methinks. We don't think we can fix it. It's in the office now. A new DVD player has been put in its place, but this one lacks a remote, which you need to control a DVD menu, so if a movie has a DVD menu you can't play it.

I think I can get a working DVD player sent up from Newcastle, I'm looking into it.
I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...
Ha! I have a real laser absolutely positioned in my hand!

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:21 pm

Ejecting usually means it don't like the disc, so probably more than just the eject mechanism. DVD players are so cheap now that they're almost not worth fixing, although I do hate how disposable we (society) have become about things.

On a more useful note, is the universal remote not still around ?
That should work for the replacement one. Can the replacement play region 1 ?
I love the bomb.

chombee

Post by chombee » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:58 pm

No it seemed to be the mechanism. At first the DVD drive was jammed in, wouldn't open up to let us put the DVD in. Chris got it opening and closing again, but now it won't stay closed, always opens again. Maybe it is reading the DVD and doesn't like it, but I'm not sure it's getting as far as actually looking at the DVD.

I also would prefer if we could scavenge an unused DVD player from somewhere instead of buying one.

The generic remote is there, but it didn't seem to work, It may need to be tuned in, apparently. Maybe it can work.

Region 1 -- dunno.
I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...

Duncan

Post by Duncan » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:52 pm

Yeah, generic remote needs a code entered. Will require instructions for the remote and code for the player, likely from the web.

If someone posts the remote and the dvd player's details I'll have a look.
Or I'll get them in the cafe.
I love the bomb.

chris

Post by chris » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:02 pm

i've fixed it.

someone pulled it out, or pushed it in...when the machine should be left to do it itself, so the machine couldnt tell if it was open or not..

its fine noe
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

chombee

Post by chombee » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:37 pm

A new DVD player got delivered yesterday, free for us. It can be our second backup. It's in the back room in the office in a big cardboard box. Remote and battery etc. Unnecessary amount of packaging.

chombee

Post by chombee » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:26 pm

Infoseed are looking for a DVD player. Perhaps we could give our third one to them and keep two for ourselves?

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:20 pm

It's the one your parents sent, right? I say they would want it well used, so yes, pass it on.

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:09 am

what are the features on the new one. I know one of ours is really knackered.

certainly a permanent loan of one of the machines would be good.