new arctic circle text

matthew

new arctic circle text

Post by matthew » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:20 pm

Hi

I've finally got some new text for the arctic circle page. if someone could stick this up instead of whats there already, thatd be great.

Based in Bristol, UK Arctic Circle are a 7-piece multi-instrumental pop band led by professional daydreamer Matthew Cheney. Despite this being their first proper album, they have previously existed in various incarnations in both Glasgow and Vancouver. They play like a school orchestra abandoned by its conductor, left alone with the key to the instrument cupboard. Arctic Circle lodge infectious melodies and brittle harmonies so deep into your head that you’ll be whistling their merry tunes as you walk but cursing their name as you try to get to sleep. They embrace boy/girl vocals and have a box of tricks that includes accordion, clarinet, glockenspiel, effects pedals, pan lids, melodica, analogue electronics and all the rest. At live gigs the stage often resembles a jumble sale, echoing their love of homespun aesthetics and languid afternoons. Their humdrum lyrics tinker with domesticity and pithy politics yet they somehow unearth the poetics of yearning that lurks deep within the washing up. Musically, they knuckle down and waft away, soaring up above the terracotta in a haze of triumphant psychedelic glory. Arctic Circle pride themselves on only once having been told to keep it down by neighbours. Instead a pair of feet usually appear underneath the garage door where they practice, and those feet are at the end of a pair of legs, and those legs head north up to a neck, and the neck leads to a mouth and the words waiting in that mouth are “can I join?” This is how there came to be 7. But like the tortoise they’ll get there in the end – no pushing, no shoving, no underhand tactics, just a good clean show.

Can you remove the link to local kid/ stich stich - we did have a track on a compilation they released, but theres nothing about us on their site

also can you remove 'Here are just a few untitled samples of their eclectic mix' please

cheers, Matthew
theres no success like failure and failures no success at all

matthew

Post by matthew » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:22 pm

sorry heres the text again with minor change...

Based in Bristol, UK Arctic Circle are a 7-piece multi-instrumental pop band led by professional daydreamer Matthew Cheney. Despite this being their first proper album, they have previously existed in various incarnations in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Vancouver. They play like a school orchestra abandoned by its conductor, left alone with the key to the instrument cupboard. Arctic Circle lodge infectious melodies and brittle harmonies so deep into your head that you’ll be whistling their merry tunes as you walk but cursing their name as you try to get to sleep. They embrace boy/girl vocals and have a box of tricks that includes accordion, clarinet, glockenspiel, effects pedals, pan lids, melodica, analogue electronics and all the rest. At live gigs the stage often resembles a jumble sale, echoing their love of homespun aesthetics and languid afternoons. Their humdrum lyrics tinker with domesticity and pithy politics yet they somehow unearth the poetics of yearning that lurks deep within the washing up. Musically, they knuckle down and waft away, soaring up above the terracotta in a haze of triumphant psychedelic glory. Arctic Circle pride themselves on only once having been told to keep it down by neighbours. Instead a pair of feet usually appear underneath the garage door where they practice, and those feet are at the end of a pair of legs, and those legs head north up to a neck, and the neck leads to a mouth and the words waiting in that mouth are “can I join?” This is how there came to be 7. But like the tortoise they’ll get there in the end – no pushing, no shoving, no underhand tactics, just a good clean show.
theres no success like failure and failures no success at all

thehemulen

Post by thehemulen » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:14 pm

done: replaced the old text "Arctic Circle - Sprawling collective encompassing musicians from around the uk, france, who recently toured canada/usa and are working on a new album just now.." with the new one, above. and i removed that local kid link.
not sure how to change that 'Here are just a few untitled samples of their eclectic mix' bit - in the listening room for AC vol.1...
i have a bit of time on my hands these days and can probably upload the new AC album if you like MatthU: wanna send me a jpg of the cover? i can make mp3s from the cd...
"If something is boring after two minutes, try it for four. If still boring, then eight. Then sixteen. Then thirty-two. Eventually one discovers that it is not boring at all." --John Cage.