Printer Crunch Arg

HGiles

Printer Crunch Arg

Post by HGiles » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:06 pm

We've been having various problems with the printer. People were reporting paper feed errors from about a week ago, but sometimes it appeared to be working. This got confused with two other errors, which was that it wasn't printing from networked computers and that a cartridge needed replacing. On Tuesday I fixed the first problem by plugging it back into its router (the blue cable had been unplugged, hence no printing), and Martin fixed the second by replacing it. Unfortunately on Tuesday Shannon found it reporting feed errors again, and it's been out of action since then. Wasn't sure what to do about that so left a note on the printer explaining. Found it was still out of action today, so asked Scout what to do, and she's phoned Danwood. They're going to try and get someone out today; failing that, tomorrow morning. That's the story!

We should probably have a less chaotic process for reporting and fixing errors, but hey, it's the vibe.

ChaoticReality

Re: Printer Crunch Arg

Post by ChaoticReality » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:49 am

I told several people the paper feed was fucked when I was in last week. Would have called the printer company but it was out of business hours and I have no info about who services that printer.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

gaia

Post by gaia » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:31 am

Danwood Man came in on Friday but tonight the printer kept giving me error messages again. We might need to call a technician again (or just start looking for another printer).

HGiles

Post by HGiles » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:48 pm

Which error messages? It was working for Martin today.

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:10 pm

it was working today, i changed the image unit .

martin
Heaven is a disaster

Lambchop , The Saturday option .

AnneSof

Post by AnneSof » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:02 pm

Maybe we could have a sheet of paper with the common printer errors/problems on it and how to fix them, readable and visible, on the wall near by the printer (very often it's probably quite simple to fix an error? but we can't all guess... also not everyone knows about getting the machine serviced).
I believe some people are more likely to figure out what the problem is than others, as they use the printer very often, if those people could help make this "Help sheet" happen it would be nice, and we'd all be more independant and confident dealing with the printers' weirdness. =)

HGiles

Post by HGiles » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:02 pm

Good plan.

Also, do any of the small printers in the cupboard in the action room? Would be great to have a little one set up for emergencies.

scoutwinter

Post by scoutwinter » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:53 pm

usually the printer will tell you what it needs to have fixed. the error message comes up on the screen. follow the instructions = it usually works.