Forest's Google Place's Listing

gordo

Forest's Google Place's Listing

Post by gordo » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:02 am

Hey folks,

I've "Owner Verified" this and added a bunch of info. This means if you google "vegetarian cafe edinburgh" Forest appears as place C on the front page (below David Bann and Hendersons and beating Black Bo's) rather than hidden down as place I on page two.

There's a bit more that can be done to get folks into the cafe.

One is people reviewing it. It takes a few moments to register a google account. Then just head over to the link below and put in a review. It's important that these don't come from the same IP address (using the same internet connection) as that causes trouble so please do this from home (and any other internet connection you can lay your hands on that isn't the forest, friends relations or other).

Another is adding photos and videos. I've been told people wouldn't mind me stealing photos from http://www.flickr.com/groups/forestcafe/pool/ but if anyone could recommend any videos that would be great (annoyingly they have to be on youtube).

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?um= ... CE8Q4gkwBQ

nix

Re: Forest's Google Place's Listing

Post by nix » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:25 am

Go Googlies Gordo...!

swithun

Re: Forest's Google Place's Listing

Post by swithun » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:09 pm

SEO FTW!

Would it be worth having a piece of text on the landing page which contained the words 'vegetarian', 'cafe' and 'edinburgh' several times? Search engines reward word density. Vegetarian only appears once in the meta tags and not in the visible text.

H********s has 'vegetarian' in the title, main heading and in the visible text. B***'s has it twice in their visible text and 4 times in the meta tags.

To come 3rd without any conscious attempt at word density is pretty good going.