Questions about Volunteering

Gethsemane

Questions about Volunteering

Post by Gethsemane » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:28 pm

I'm interested in volunteering with in the forest cafe, but living in Buckhaven, Fife, I am unsure if I'll be able to as public transport is limited. Reading through the volunteer guide I noticed it saying "First Thursday every month, 7pm." is this the time I, or any other cafe volunteers, would start and if so what is the finishing time?

Thanks in advance
R.

swithun

Re: Questions about Volunteering

Post by swithun » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:01 pm

I think you would be free to volunteer any time. Give the cafe a ring between 10 and 7 to speak to a kitchen manager. They can tell you when the free shifts are. A shift is usually 3 or 5 hours long, between 10am and 11pm. There is a volunteer induction session, which runs every so often, which is a good thing to go to. But I think you can start volunteering before then.

Hope you can make it.

Gethsemane

Post by Gethsemane » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:29 am

Okay, thanks for the help.

milk

Post by milk » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:34 pm

Hannah, the Volunteer Coordinator, has noted that the guide has changed to include information about our volunteer induction days, but that this info hasn't been entered into the online version. sorry for that, we'll get this sorted out soon :)
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

Gethsemane

Post by Gethsemane » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:48 am

milk wrote:Hannah, the Volunteer Coordinator, has noted that the guide has changed to include information about our volunteer induction days, but that this info hasn't been entered into the online version. sorry for that, we'll get this sorted out soon :)
It's all right, was at the induction today.