Heriot-Watt Volunteer Fayre

Lynne

Heriot-Watt Volunteer Fayre

Post by Lynne » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:28 pm

Any takers for this? I've posted this info on the EVS forum as well.

---------------------------------

Happy New Year!

I am writing to invite The Forest to host a table at the Heriot-Watt Volunteer Fayre taking place at the Student Union, Riccarton Campus on Thursday 21st January from 10:00-15:00pm.

I belive that you attended this event last year and Heriot Watt Student Association would be very happy to welcome back somebody from The Forest to host a stall and tell students what opportunities there are for volunteering.

Our Volunteer Fayre is part of our Target 50 campaign which aims to see half our student population volunteering in some way. I know of a few of our students who very much enjoy the atmosphere and activities that you offer.

In terms of looking for volunteers, is there a project that you currently require help with? We have found that students are particularly attracted to opportunities that present themselves as beneficial to the individual in terms of work experience, CV and skill development and are looking to set up connections with organisations who may need the kind of skills our students have to offer. This may be auditing, web management, or database contstruction.

As well as a stall at the fayre we are offering a half hour slot in a separte room for a talk/presentation/demonstration to those organisations who want to take us up on this offer. This would be advertised to student groups who you may wish to be targeted. I have attached a list of the courses we offer and the socieities we have to give you an idea of the current student groups.

If you would be interested in attending, and for more information please contact me either by phone or email.

Many thanks for your time,

Lizzie

Elizabeth Brough

Student Activities Co-ordinator

-----
Heriot-Watt University Students Association
Riccarton
Edinburgh
EH14 4AS

Tel: 0131 451 5333
Fax: 0131 451 5344
Web: www.hwusa.org

Hannah

Re: Heriot-Watt Volunteer Fayre

Post by Hannah » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:35 pm

Yay, I just phoned the guys and arranged a stall for us! Is anyone interested in coming to the Fair with me? I guess it's gonna be more fun if we are two Foresters.