Building day Sunday?!?!

Front of House, garden etc.
Shannon

Building day Sunday?!?!

Post by Shannon » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:10 pm

So remember last month when we had that really successful building day? And then we said we'd like to do it again in a month? A month is now. The day was blocked off in the events book and it's even on the events board.

Are we on it? Are people coming? There is lots to be done...

- There is still stuff to be cleaned up from the workshop overhaul (lots of junk in the hall, etc)

- Stuff to be sorted through in the future Action room upstairs (Dan: can you come and be the guy who says yay or nay to throwing things out?)

- The floor in the disabled loo still needs to be finished (another couple coats of varnish and put the floor back down?)

- The Gold room: let's overhaul it. I don't think we should wait for another VA meeting. Let's pick a colour and get started. It looks like death. I was looking at photos of it when it was red and suddenly remembered how great and warm and lovely it was. Please can we make it good again?

- Has anything been decided for the cafe wall? Could be a good time to start painting...

- Clear out Infoseed. Time is up. They aren't going to do it, so we'll have to.

- Office overhaul? There was talk of turning it into a silk screening space. Who knows how much longer we'll have all this space. Let's do it! The important office things can be done in the front office or can share space with Eunice. The ultra-office is just another space to get dirty. Boo.

More??

Who's in?

stephengoodall

Post by stephengoodall » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:25 pm

personally i'd like to wait to see what jesse comes up with for the gold room cos she seemed to have some good ideas on how to make the place more inviting.

no news or proposals for the wall yet i'm afraid.

i can definitely come for a while on sunday but at the va meeting noone seemed sure if the forest was scheduled to be closed.

beev

Post by beev » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:19 pm

Sounds like there is a lot to do, even if the gold room has to wait another month...

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:06 pm

But are people coming?

I guess I'll come in for 12pm. I may be there before to do some cleaning or something, but I'll make sure I'm there by 12 o'clock for anyone who wants to swing by.

The place is generally a mess right now, so there's lots of that kind of thing to do. Apparently, the paint for the floor is also in, so we could do that.

Hopefully see you all tomorrow???

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:23 pm

The place was left in a real mess from last night, which makes it hard to get motivated to do this stuff. Steven and I are the only ones here. Ola is also here to take down her exhibit. I plan on sticking around for that and then going home. Building day some other time, I guess.

graeme

Post by graeme » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:50 pm

This FOH day kind of snuck up on me and I forgot to reschedule my usual Sunday vist to my Mum. I will work extra hard next time. xxx

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:51 pm

PS: I know there wasn't enough staff on last night and it was probably busy!

dan

Post by dan » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:34 am

hey sorry just back, but i can be the yay/nay guy for upstairs room if you likey. could do tues/wed this week? Or weekend after next?
D x
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose