New Lampshades

Front of House, garden etc.
arizoniandreamer

New Lampshades

Post by arizoniandreamer » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:23 pm

Hi Everybody!
I’m planning to change the 2 big lampshades in the café. I already have an idea for the one which is closer to the kitchen, but I’m still waiting for ideas for the one which is above the couches.

My plan is to do a lampshade of diapositives: hanging them from above, so as the light shines through them, you could probably see the pictures (maybe just colours, but still, I think it would be attractive).

SO, here comes the most important thing of the whole project:
IF YOU HAVE SOME FRAMES, DIA-PICTURES (: You know, the ones which you can put in a projector and project them on the wall), OR BOTH WHICH YOU DON’T NEED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND BRING THEM TO THE FOREST!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

p.s: Any ideas for the other one?

arizoniandreamer

Re: New Lampshades

Post by arizoniandreamer » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:35 pm

Something like this...:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mirka

Post by mirka » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:54 pm

cool :) I though, if the diafilm is too small for the lamp to shine through it would be cool to take same kind of transparent plastic( but white, not red), cut it in squares, make drawings on them and hang them like u showed above. Then they would let more light and colour through. if it makes sense :P

scoutwinter

Post by scoutwinter » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:57 pm

are they slides?
you can generally find loads of slides in the charity shops.
i think they might need to be fixed at the bottom as well, or they will risk becoming hopelessly tangled

arizoniandreamer

Post by arizoniandreamer » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:35 pm

yeah, slide is the perfect word for the stuff what i'm searching for, so thx :) so you say charity shop, cool and if this dosen't work, then comes miras idea :wink: but hopefully it does...work i mean :)

scoutwinter

Post by scoutwinter » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:34 am

or... the Sunday car boot sale under the Omni Centre Carpark...

arizoniandreamer

Post by arizoniandreamer » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:39 pm

I got the slides finally from Hungary, so I'll make the shade this week. Two woden frames (one up one down so they won't tangle hopelessly :)).

alba

Post by alba » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:17 pm

Kata, look for the sites you recommended Scout and if your not lucky, I can bring some of my town, but you have to wait until 24th April , when I return from my visit to Catalonia.

Amarinvi