Tidying the office

Front of House, garden etc.
danny

Tidying the office

Post by danny » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:50 pm

I want to get it back to how it was after bloo sorted it, cos it just looks like a place where people just dump their crap and forget about it. Now that we have the action room upstairs this could be a more creative place, but I think it needs to feel homely and looked after in order for that to happen. So if there is something you really want to hold onto, or want put away, then let me know, or label it within the week.

swithun

Post by swithun » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:56 pm

If a Fela Kuti DVD turns up, could it be put somewhere safe please? I made a copy, but the master would be nice.

danny

More office thoughts

Post by danny » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:24 pm

We have a tea urn. It looks like there is white paint or sperm inside it though. Would be nice if we could use it down here. If we could get rid of the sperm that is. Anyone know the situation with that?
We have a bag of jingle balls under the table, that I'm desperate to chuck in the free shop. There is a pile of people's bags of stuff on the main table, if people could tidy their stuff away that would be cool. The hoover doesn't seem to work properly any more, although the thin extension thing that only sucks up a tiny amount of stuff does. There are some fancy looking light things in a box of wires that maybe we could use? Some different lighting would be a nice change. Maybe we can change the name of the room too, since we have an officy room upstairs now?

beev

Post by beev » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:47 pm

is it one of those hoovers that needs the tube stuffing in the right hole in order for it to suck through the main bit? look for a hole near the bottom that the tube can stuff into.

danny

Peoples bags are in the store room.

Post by danny » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:18 pm

Cool. If anyone if looking for their bag I moved it from the main room to the store area, along with the trunk, typewriters and 'ting to create some space.
Ryan, do you mind if we clear out the old issues of smallfry? They are from 2002.

Jimmy Bastard

Post by Jimmy Bastard » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:02 pm

Hey
I have a list of things lost to the office,
but the two main ones...
could folk look out for
an iPOD
(the daiPOD, white 40 gig, scratched to buggery, I think I put this one 'somewhere safe' after playing a messy set at a volunteer party.)
a big parcel of tracksuits and the like, a birthday package from my mother, also contained vitamin supplements)
anyone seen sight?
Pep Up The Turmoil

danny

yup

Post by danny » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:58 pm

I'll keep an eye out for those things, not seen anythign like that yet. Bloo reckoned we shouldn't be sorting the place out until there was a firm vision of what the place was going to be anyway and that we should do it as a group effort. That makes more sense, cos one person doing it on their own struggles to know what is or isn't valuable to someone.
The hoover still doesn't work. Twud be good if a technical minded person could take a look at it.

nix

Post by nix » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:49 pm

THE OFFICE IS RESTORED!

Saturday night, Baloo - 'cleaning fascist' and 'cleaning army' did loads of good work!

lets keep it like that!

we need to use it to work in!, have informal meetings, do our computer work, our art work.

Lets use it well!

the Hoover works. big yellow one. it sucks good. when the bag fills up, change it. we need to buy some new ones, but we have a few of the wrong size in the workshop, so use then up by bodgeing them in the fashion Grraham did. when you change the bag, you will see what I mean.