Fud nae bombs - December

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
Dandolo

Fud nae bombs - December

Post by Dandolo » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:10 pm

Who's around between Christmas and New Year? The cafe is often closed, so could ask to use it all day or even have it in the cafe out of the way of boxing day madness.

-d

biedra

Re: Fud nae bombs - December

Post by biedra » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:18 pm

hi,
Hi, I a new person in this forum and I what help with FNB.
I mind understand : between Christmas and New Years - FNB not to be ?

Joey Pesticide

Post by Joey Pesticide » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:27 pm

I'm not around, sorry, but it would be awesome if anyone could do it who is around!

Roman would like to use one of the fold out tables for his Plastic Bag activity on December the 14th. Would this be possible? He can be found around on the Forum or in real life (shock horror) in the cafe. Raise your digital hand if you object...

A GATHERING AND SYMPOSIUM CELEBRATING RADICAL DIY CULTURE & CREATIVE LIVING!
EDINBURGH-WIDE, FEBRUARY 5-8th 2009! DIYEDINBURGH@RISEUP.NET
WOULD YOU LIKE TO ORGANISE AN EVENT?

natt

Post by natt » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:56 am

Biedra-i think a lot of us are away over christmas and thats why we may not do a december food not boms. But its great to have new people-make sure you get involved in the Januray one! Have you been to Food Not Bombs before, do you know what we do? Welcome!

Im not here over december sadly but boxing day sounds great is there people to do it.
Also I think im a bit of a curse in terms of the thorny how to keep things warm issue. I tried camping stoves thermoflasks and rocketstoves and theyve all come to nought. Anyone wanna take on the challenge? Keeping food hot is fairly essential to what we do..

swithun

Post by swithun » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:36 pm

Straw is a good insulator. If you put a pot straight from the oven into a cardboard box packed with straw all round and on top of the pot, it should stay warm. I think this is called a Dutch oven, though probably not in Holland.

Joey Pesticide

Post by Joey Pesticide » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:22 pm

Is anyone up for doing a FNB serving on Nicholson Square as part of the DIY gathering? x

Joey Pesticide

Post by Joey Pesticide » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:34 pm

I reckon we need a gas burner at the site when we are doing it...any possibility in using one of the ones we had at climate camp? Also, we had one at Knoch which had two rings and was portable and fuelled off a fairly transportable gas cylinder. Shall I look into this?

Where is everyone, by the way? This used to be a luke-warm-bed of activity? x

Dandolo

Post by Dandolo » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:00 pm

Still here! I may give up the early morning shift (don't all volunteer at once) but will provide food and maybe prep. Nicholson square is in need of some roughing up, great choice. Some charcoal briquettes have come my way - bbq at some stage? or at the allotment for the diy gathering?

butjac

Post by butjac » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:28 pm

HI all. So, FnB next saturday. A few of us discussed nicholson square. Sound good?
I gues food collection is the most urgent- skips and shops. Other than that thinking about who might want to cook/serve.
And can we use the forest kitchen. I do hop so.
Anyway, must dash but speak to you soon. Jake xx

alice

Post by alice » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:59 pm

Esmi's sign up sheet is on the 'food not bombs' discussion board. I'm up for some food collection Thursday night but I don't want to go alone... anyone up for that?
xx

butjac

Post by butjac » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:14 pm

Hi all. The link to the sign up sheet is http://www.doodle.com/participation.htm ... vfaew9ywhp
I cannae do thursday i'm afraid alice.

Joey has offered his flat for chopping on friday. I don't know if anyone from his flat is cooking in the morning but i intend to so if people want to do it at mine for convenience sake instead that would be cool. But im not that bothered either way.
What do you reckon? x

butjac

Post by butjac » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:17 pm

oops. That is: http://www.doodle.com/participation.htm ... vfaew9ywhp for the sign up. Sorry. x

butjac

Shop donations

Post by butjac » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:32 pm

Right o'. I've been to Natural Oasis, Clerk (i think that's the name) and Global fruits in Bruntsfield and they've all said they'll give us some food on friday afternoon. I think that we should still do the shops on argyle street and perhaps nicholson square and brougham street (real food, razwan).
Is anyone up for taking those on?
I can go to argyle place tomorrow lunchtime ish i reckon.

Wicked.
xx