The worst thing cleaned off a floor ...

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
amelia

The worst thing cleaned off a floor ...

Post by amelia » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:10 pm

I apologize in advance if this post causes offence but I need to share it right now.

I think 1 kg of honey that has been vomited up by a dog has gotta be up there with the worst of them. Not at the top, but definitely up there.

I discovered it in the early hours and just getting it out of my sock was tricky. I am doing it in stages, as it has taken up a lot of space and is too thick for a mop.

Certainly there are smellier and more toxic things but it is the texture of the stuff and the contrasting textures that makes it bad, in the main walkway in the kitchen and it spread itself under the fridge too.

Thanks for that, I feel better... :)

Duncan

Re: The worst thing cleaned off a floor ...

Post by Duncan » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:05 pm

Surely this should be in hugs and hellos?
I love the bomb.

amelia

Post by amelia » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:27 pm

But is opposite of nice Duncan...or were you joking? :)

amelia

Post by amelia » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:29 pm

Or maybe this is a cultural difference. I have never come across as much vomiting of a night as I did in Edinburgh, so praps you are more desensitized to it.

I counted as many as 6 'piles' of it as I walked from Bristo Place to the Backpackers closer to the castle. I couldn't help but look at it - each pile is unique and like a living collage of the steetscape. The impressive street cleaning system tends to spread it around for the next few days. Then there was the bus that had to stop for a long time, til someone from the bus company came and removed the unconscious young man on the seat in front of me who had vomitted down his front and on the seat.

Alcohol is not good for us. Legalising a drug does not make it non problematic for us, it only makes it easier for them to control the making of money from it. There were so many drunk young people and so much vomiting.

Energetically things that go in are meant to stay down and vomiting really stresses our equilibrium. Does the forest have alcohol-free only times? Maybe this could be a good time to sell a range of herbal alternatives ( the happy high herb stuff). Ok maybe this should be in a different section, but I am a woman, who has greater ease of connection of catergories within my brain than a man, who is much more linear and with clearer compartmentalizing within his brain making him much more suited to focussing attention (Meredith 2008 & I have also found this to be true) without interference from all the changes necessary within a woman's system for maintenance of her bleeding cycles.

Gotta say though, I much prefer the Edinburgh vomiting to the unbelievable uncontrolled noisepicking and eating of it of the English! I had to ask a businessman on a London bound train who was set to do it for the entire journey, to please can you clean your nose in the bathroom as I'm going to be sick.