Occupation Day, Friday 15 July

Keni

Occupation Day, Friday 15 July

Post by Keni » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:53 am

At a loose end and don't know what to do on Friday?

Then come along to the Forest's Occupation Day, where you'll find lots of things to keep you busy and having fun. We've got a full and fun programme of events, with something to suit all tastes.

• 1000-1200 Art Class

1200-1300 Body Building

1300-1400 Knitting workshop

1400-1500 Doodlingdrawingscribbling therapy

1500-1600 Portuguese Workshop

1700-1800 Book Club

The folk running each workshop will post details on what you'll need for the workshop soon. Please come along and see what's on offer in the Forest on a regular basis.

Of course, we'll have drinks, great food and cakes on offer to buy in the café. Then in the evening there's the [awry] Psychagaelic Ceilidh from 2000 until late. The night is a fundraiser so entry is by donation and it’s BYOB, so come along to pound the ground with us to some mental bagpiping and wild highland toons!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes. (Oscar Wilde)

Cut the crap & make it happen.

Keni

Re: Occupation Day, Friday 15 July

Post by Keni » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:04 am

The Book Club will have a reading from this week's book - I Don't Want to Have a Bath by Julia Sykes, with illustrations by Tim Warnes. There is a copy of this opus in the Forest library or you can reserve a copy via the Edinburgh Library website, http://ow.ly/5Awfd.

The discussion will focus on the gender roles expressed in the narrative, whether the lead character is a better person at the end and any other issues the group considers relevant.
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes. (Oscar Wilde)

Cut the crap & make it happen.

Margarida

Post by Margarida » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:40 pm

DOODLINGDRAWINGSCRIBBLING THERAPY
I'll provide you some drawing materials but feel free to bring your own. We will fight demons and battle for dreams and hopes through the magical method of lines on paper.
You don't need to know how to draw (or write) for this workshop. Just bring your imagination and I'll help you with the rest.
only when the clock stops does time come to life

Margarida

Post by Margarida » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:49 pm

PORTUGUESE WORKSHOP
portuguese is just too difficult to learn anything truly useful in one hour so i'm going to teach you the stuff no real teacher would even bother in going through.
be prepared to learn the most curious portuguese.
only when the clock stops does time come to life

mirja

Post by mirja » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:59 am

hi all,

have not heard back from amandine re: the friday morning drawing session.
Anyone else able to run it?
I will be around tonight, so i can show how to do it, it's dead easy,
and if we do not have a nude model, clothed is fine, if we do not have a clothed one, a still-life is fine! And easy!
The boards are in the hall, i can bring paper and charcoal tonight, and a timer to time the poses.
It really is easy and fun.

Any takers?

mirja

Post by mirja » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:48 pm

The drawing group is now on it seems for tomorrow in the hall the first thing, from 10-12, Rachel is going to set it up, Amandine is going to model.
THIS IS FOR EVERYONE to have a stab at drawing, particularly if you have not done it never ever before!
Its open session, and you just come in grab a seat and a drawing board and have a go, theres paper and charcoal.
You gotta try everything once!!

simone

Post by simone » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:29 am

knitting workshop:

i shall bring needles and wool and will happy to show anyone who doesn't know how to knit the basic steps, also people who have knitted in the past but need a reminder are welcome too.
i have some triangular patches on the go for people to make who are more advanced.
crocheters welcome too!
I saw two shooting stars last night, i wished on them, but they were only satellites.
is it wrong to wish on space hardware?
(Billy Bragg)