double scroll bars

chris

double scroll bars

Post by chris » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:03 pm

some times there are double rhs scroll bars and i get confused. not sure they are both needed...
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

beev

Post by beev » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:04 pm

That really bugs me too!

pogo

Post by pogo » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:52 pm

i don't know what 'double rhs scrollbars' are? which link? or all the site? what browser?... i need more info to fix it.

chris

Post by chris » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:00 pm

cool.

if you go to 'Forest' working group (underneath it says 'this one is private') then on the right hand side there are two scroll bars, this sometimes leads to annoying use...
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

chris

Post by chris » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:10 pm

in fact just on the front bb page there are two. to view everything, you need to use both bars..

swithun

Post by swithun » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:17 pm

There is some trouble with IFRAMES and getting stuck in them when a link should break you out. I'll try to remember what I've just done next time I get one.

One problem I get often is when I go to the Administrator page from the Forum index. The JavaScript which alters the height of the Admin IFRAME doesn't quite work.

Code: Select all

function iFrameHeight() {
  var h = 0;
  if ( !document.all ) {
    h = document.getElementById('blockrandom').contentDocument.height;
    document.getElementById('blockrandom').style.height = h + 60 + 'px';
  } else if( document.all ) {
    h = document.frames('blockrandom').document.body.scrollHeight;
    document.all.blockrandom.style.height = h + 20 + 'px';
  }
}
In Firefox 1.5 (Linux), the h variable in the !document.all branch must get set to 0, and the Admin IFRAME then is only 60px heigh, which isn't very.

chris

Post by chris » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:24 pm

wow! someones fixed it!

was it you swithun? or is pogo the faster draw? or has the god of the internet intervened?

nice one ;)